Wednesday 24 July 2013

Fresh tomato soup

I have said quite a lot about soups already and I have to admit I simply love home made soups . During our camping days I tried to use soup in a package. I thought it would save work and time. To my chagrin I found out that package soup took me longer to make than soup I would quickly produce myself . 
How, you say, is this possible ? Well most package soups need to be stirred for 10 minutes. In that time I have fresh vegetables cut and in the pot. Point in time the tomato soup.

Ingredients
Ripe Tomatoes about 1 kg sliced and diced

A bunch of Fresh Herbs ( Basil, Oregano, Parsley)and one medium diced onion

1 chicken stock cube
1 glass of good dry white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
Some oil for sweating/ sautéing the onions

Method
After sweating the onions put all other ingredients into the pot, simmer for approx 20 min.
Purée the soup and adjust the seasoning. If the wine was very dry use a Teaspoon of sugar to balance the acidity.
Add some more fresh herbs

Serve with fresh crusty bread
 
Note 
The tomatoes will produce enough liquid so there should not be any need to add extra liquid.
Note 2
This soup is equally delicious served cold!

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to your comment