Friday 4 July 2014

4th July fun fare

What better time to share some delicious summer food with you than now. I am at the moment in Omaha, Nebraska and enjoying food put in front of me rather than cooking myself. The following recipe for Stuffed Jalepenos, Sweet peppers, is a Mark and Marianne creation. It is quickly prepared and quicker eaten.
You need:
As many small Jalepenos as you would like to eat. I warn you, they are very "morish"
The red and yellow are the small sweet peppers, the green one is the hot one.
You choose!

Ingredients

3-4 peppers per person
200 g cream cheese approx (Philadelphia  will do nicely)
1/3 slice of streaky bacon per pepper half
150g grated cheddar cheese (depending on how many people you are serving)

Method

Cut the peppers in half lengthwise,
deseed them!
Fill the peppers with cream cheese, put the bacon and the grated cheese on top.

The sweet peppers before the grated cheese
This is the hot green version

You can either grill the peppers on an open charcoal Grill, or they do equally well in the oven,were they would take approx 20 min at 175 C, depending on your oven.


On the Grill!
Can't wait!
Ready at long last ! They are so good!
What a day! Happy 4th July!
I apologize for any typos! I wrote this on my iPhone !

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to your comment