Thursday 19 March 2015

My Red Pesto

This  is a quick recipe for a red pesto which I created in order to use as a  kind of a dip for a Cordon Bleu pork chop which I wanted to serve with Pasta. I also wanted to put some taste into the Pasta but I did not want a sauce which would run into the pork chop. So the following recipe was the result of these thoughts, which I must admit, I usually get when I am swimming or sitting in the hot tub afterwards.

This is very quick to make.

Note: I did not use dried but fresh tomatoes


Ingredients 

1 red pepper
8 small vine tomatoes, chopped
Or three medium one
1/2 chili the long  mild one no seeds, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped 
Handful fresh Basil, 
50 to 70 g Parmesan, grated
Some olive 0il
Some salt and pepper to taste


Method

Put all ingredients into a bowl and blend until you have a smooth paste. 
Serve with Pasta and/or with any quick fried meat, especially Pork and chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to your comment