Monday 23 October 2017

Pear Salad with Fried Sole

You know, when you see a recipe whether you like it or not. This happened to me as few days ago, when I looked at a magazine published by a Portuguese super market chain Pingo Doce. I looked at it and found the idea inspiring. It was an article about pears and they supplied two recipes. The above caught my eye and I decided to try it
The decision was made to try the dish come Friday as we had the intention to go to the fish market in Quarter. There we purchased the freshest fish ever. You have no idea how fresh it was.
But back to the pears and salad.

The Ingredients are simple

3 Tbs Olive Oil ( the better the oil, the better the taste) I used a extras virgin Portuguese one
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
a little salt
30 g Pine nuts ( I used cashew nuts, as I could not get pine nuts anywhere)
25 g grated Parmesan cheese
2 pears (preferable Rocha ones)
150 g Iceberg lettuce

Mix the oil and the lime juice
Roast the pine nuts
Grate the Parmesan
Wash and shred the iceberg lettuce
Cut pears into slices
Assemble all the ingredients in a bowl
And serve

By the way the recipe states that the salad is "sem glúten", without gluten.

You can serve this salad on its own or with any grilled or fried fish or indeed meat.




No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to your comment