Saturday 9 June 2018

Pea and courgette soup

It is not very often you come across a recipe which you want to try out immediately. When I am in the Algarve, I get the magazine of one of the major super markets, Pingo Doce, "Sabe Bem". I have found their recipes very easy to follow and they turn out very tasty indeed.
Last year I tried out the chicken with pears and a pear salad. You find them on my blog and hopefully you will like this as well.

This is where I found the recipe but needless to say I changed some of it to suit our taste! 

Ingredients

I medium size onion
1 to 2 cloves of garlic
1 medium courgette
2 to 3 cups of frozen peas ( depending on the size of you cup!)
approx. 750 ml stock ( chicken or vegetable)
some oil for sautéing
a handful of roasted cashew nuts or almonds or sunflower seeds

vegetables be sautéed

Method

Cut vegetables into small pieces.
Sauté onions, garlic and courgettes for a few minutes.
Add the frozen peas and the stock, simmer for approx. 25 minutes, then purée the soup
soup before puréeing
Serve the soup with the roasted nuts and if you have, a leaf of fresh mint!
The finished result!



No comments:

Post a Comment

looking forward to your comment