Tuesday 19 March 2013

Admiral Chicken

Admiral Chicken

A Polish recipe

The first recipes on this blog are a collection of recipes which I have written over the past few months and they have been sitting in my computer since.
Choosing the Admiral Chicken as my first dish was pure coinicidence and it is one of the few I did not create myself, but adapted  to suit our taste
I found it in a Polish cookery book, which I got as a present on one of my many trips to Poland.
It was one of these days when no matter what came into your mind, you either did not want to cook it, or you needed a lot of ingredients, you did not have in the house.  So in search of something different I found  the Admiral Chicken. It was the titel that intrigued me and the fact that I happened to have all the ingredients in the house.
It is a very interesting combination of texture and spices. Have fun trying it out
                                            



Ingredients

4 free range chicken Breast
100 g fresh button mushrooms
100 g black forest smoked ham
2 large tomatoes, skinned & seeded
3/4l chicken stock
1 tsp curry powder
2 tsp seasoning (mixture of ground cumin, turmeric, paprika, coriander, chili powder - use equal amounts, mix well)
100 g sour cream
some rapeseed oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 tbsp plain flour

Method

1. Prepare chicken breast, preferably cut them in half to flatten them
2. Mix flour with 1tsp of seasoning, salt and pepper
3. coat chicken pieces in seasoned flour
4. Fry until golden brown
5. Put chicken pieces aside, fry ham and mushrooms for 3 to 4 min, add tomato pieces. Simmer for another minute
6. Add chicken pieces to pan and add chicken stock, the curry powder and seasoning
7. Simmer for approx. 20 min.
8. Before serving add the sour cream. Stir well. Adjust seasoning.

Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad with slices of fresh mushrooms (optional), using a dill cream vinaigrette 

Note:

Instead of mushrooms, you can try diced onions or petit pois. 
Do not use more than the 100g of smoked ham, otherwise the dish might get too salty
If you cannot get sour cream, use normal single cream and the juice of half a lemon

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog and trying out the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know, how you get on with them!

    ReplyDelete

looking forward to your comment